Who are Feelystone.
History of Feelystone.
Founded in 1780 by Christy Feely, Feelystone brings over 239 years of craftsmanship, expertise, quality, and history to your fingertips. We are a leading stone manufacturer and stone supplier offering a wide range of architectural, worktops, monumental and housing stone to Ireland and the international market.
Current managing director, Finbarr Feely’s father Barry joined the company in 1955. At that time there were 5 people working in the company including his father Henry and his uncle James. The company has grown hugely throughout the years now employing over 30 people.
- In 1962 at the Second Vatican Council Pope John XXIII decided that mass should be celebrated with the priest facing the congregation. This gave Feelystone a big break as we were contracted to reconstruct Alters all across Ireland.
- In the early 1970s we started to polish our own granite and make our own memorials.
- In 1975 we bought a limestone quarry in Kilkenny and formed Kilkenny Limestone Ltd.
- In 1980 Feelystone celebrated it’s bicentenary.
- In 1981 we started quarrying granite in Donegal.
- In June 2000 Barry Feely stepped down as Managing Director
- In 2006 Feelystone and Kilkenny Limestone employed over 130 people, in that year the companies separated in order to prepare for the downturn and are now ran as separate businesses.
Today Feelystone is run by Finbarr Feely and a very experienced management team of James Mc Nicholas, Shane Feely and Ann Green. We supply and fit monuments, kitchen counters and commercial projects along with many other stone products.
Packed with tradition & experience, Feelystone is your one stop shop for all your craft & stone needs.
Video Coming Soon!
A Family tradition.
With over 239 years’ experience across 10 generations there has always been a strong family tradition at Feelystone.
In 1955 Barry Feely at the age of 15 joined his father Henry Feely in the family company. Barry started his role in Feelystone in the forge where he made and sharpened tools, learning the tricks of the trade as he worked his way up the business. Barry’s brother Pat joined the business in 1962 mainly working with the machinery. Barry has said there is great strength in two brothers working together.
Barry’s two son’s Finbarr and Shane now work in the business. Finbarr started in the company in 1997 and is now managing director. Shane began in Feelystone in 2010 and is now Contracts Manager.
At Feelystone we are with you from foundation to completion. We want to build relationships with our customers and be with you every step of the way on your project journey.
Whether you require building stone for your new home, seeking a new stone countertop for your kitchen renovation or your patio is undergoing a face lift at Feelystone we have offerings for everyone.
At Feelystone we’re passionate about stone. Our experience, creative craftmanship, technical proficiency and expert management are founded on the company’s policy of continuing investment in the most modern stone cutting machinery to provide our customers with the best products whilst keeping our centuries of craftmanship alive.